Monday, September 13, 2010

4th perspective drawing



This is my 4th and final assignment in my perspective class.  For this drawing I did an exterior 2 point perspective house inside of an interior 1 point perspective room.  While this drawing didn't take as long as the last one it was a bit more difficult to do.  In the original design I had the overhead light on which made for 2 different light sources and therefore overlapping shadows in some places.  Also it made the shadow under the stool go the opposite way of the other shadows and since I turned the light off the shadow is now completely wrong.  I also put the table to close to the doors so they wouldn't actually open.  But all in all I think this came out really well.  I took the idea from one of my favorite books, Lullaby by Chuck Palahniuk, where the hero builds model houses, although he destroys them when they are finished.  I tried to inject a little comedy into it by putting a bong on the back shelf but once I had to shrink the original down it is hard to see what it is.  All in all I think this is a good culmination of what I learned in class and was disappointed when the class ended, but ultimately I feel I learned a lot that will help me in future career.

1 comment:

  1. Looks nice. The in-progress look of the model house works pretty well. It looks like the shadow on the stool is going the wrong direction, or am I missing something?

    ReplyDelete