Sunday, August 22, 2010

1st perspective drawing



This is the first drawing I did for my perspective drawing class.  I wanted to do the house I grew up in, while this is basically modeled after it I had to make adjustments as I drew because of my lack of pre-planning with the size and time required.  I am not happy with this as the proportions are all wrong, the door is to small, the windows are to large, the street and driveway are to small.  Overall this is all kind of a mess.  It's not a total loss however since my fence is done almost perfectly.  It took me several hours but the horizontal convergence of all of the boards all the way down is exactly right.  So even though my first attempt at drawing a house in perspective has a lot of issues at least it has one thing that came out just right.  I am kinda proud of the bricks as well, doing those was a huge pain in the ass but they came out looking really well and because of that I ended up using them several more times.  All in all I got a lot of satisfaction out of doing the work and that helped push me to keep trying to improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment