Monday, January 3, 2011

difficult still life


For my next drawing assignment I had to pick seven different objects of various shapes and sizes.  I chose to go with a theme and used my son's toys.  When I first started on this I almost thought I had bitten off more than I could chew but I refused to quit.  I started with the K in the middle (which is a painted wooden letter that normally hangs on his wall) and it took a couple of tries but I actually did quite well with getting it sized up properly.  The hardest part was trying to get the mirror on the right correct, It threw off all of the shadows and had a small toy attached to it as well as reflecting part of the ugly doll.  All said I spent almost ten hours on this drawing.  In the end this is the drawing I am most proud of, I went in knowing this was the hardest thing I had ever attempted and managed to accomplish it and I think come out with something great.

No comments:

Post a Comment