Monday, October 11, 2010

design class 3


For my next design project I had to use black and white forms to create a design with formal balance.  I was debating on what I wanted to use and I saw a blanket that we bought for my son that has a really cool turtle pattern on it.  So I used a similar turtle design and then decided on a plant like semi flowerish design to go with it.  I had a lot of fun working with this composition, until now most of my designs had been more abstract and I found it nice to work with symbols to create something.  Even though it seems obvious it is a nice moment when you realize that you can really do anything (within the limits of the assignment) with a design.  Even though you may intellectually know that you can do anything I think, at least for me, that their is a kind of mental block that makes you see things a certain way and makes you think about things in a certain way.  Whenever I have an assignment that shows me that you don't have to see things or do things the way you always have or the way you think you have to, that moment is always an amazing moment for me.  In one sense I hope I always remember that their are no limits on design but I hope I never lose those amazing moments while I'm designing.





No comments:

Post a Comment