Tuesday, December 14, 2010

drawing class


The next class I took was a drawing class that didn't use the computer just pencil and paper.  The first two assignments we had were blind and semi blind drawings.  That is where you look at the object you are drawing without looking at the paper and with only looking a minimal amount.  I did the four drawings of my hand totally blind and the one holding my son's teething ring semi blind.  I found that doing the drawings in this way was really freeing because we were told not to care about the final outcome.  Drawing something where the final result doesn't matter is a great feeling and made the entire experience very fun to do.  I have worked off and on for a few years at doing pencil drawings but have never done blind drawing or still life, which we do for the rest of the class, and I was really looking forward to this class.  With the first two drawings being so much fun I looked forward to the assignments every week.


No comments:

Post a Comment